Le couvent des Récollets

Historic site and monument, Chapel, Cloister

A convent was built in 1611 by the franciscan monks of the branch of récollets on a small island in the middle of the Nivelle whose property had never been determined. The chapel was ended in 1613 then the convent in 1643. In the center of the court of the convent, a well-tank was built in 1662 thanks to the generosity of cardinal Mazarin on the occasion of the marriage of Louis XIV. In 1791, the monks were hunted by the Revolutionaries.

Informations
Practical

Practical information

  • LanguagesFrench

Prices

Prezioak

Free of charge

Opening

Irekiera

Complementary informations

Informazio osagarria

  • Classification : Registered and listed sites
  • Visiting conditions : Unaccompanied tours

Location

Kokapena

Le couvent des Récollets
Quai François Turnaco
64500 CIBOURE
+33 5 59 47 64 56